Monday, June 30, 2008

Canoeing

Emily and I went canoeing with my dad today. He is an avid canoer and he has wanted to take us down a section of the Minnehaha creek for a long time now. My mom and the boys dropped us off at the start of our journey then they went to the ending point to pick us up--they went to Target to bum around awhile while we were on the river.

We had a great time! My dad steered us in the back and Emily sat up front and paddled away. I got to enjoy the ride mostly--I was in charge of taking some pictures (imagine that:) We saw some ducks with their babies, turtles sunning on a log, geese and other birds too--lots of dragonflies flying close to the water. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

While the boys were at Target, Matthew lost his other top front tooth. He was eating some nachos and all of a sudden it was gone! They couldn't find it anywhere around and Matt said "I think I ate it!" Nick was concerned that he would have to go to the hospital but grandma said he would be okay. I think we will have to write a note to the tooth fairy regarding the where-abouts of the tooth!!

What a day!!

1 comment:

Marv said...

Hi Tracie, - yes indeed it was a nice way to spend an afternoon. Matty is next to trek down the mighty Minnehaha Creek. the water is probably low now but in the future we'll venture into the wilds again. It is fun to try to steer the canoe with the current pushing it into the walls of the bridge tunnels. Lots of wildlife and back yards.

Love your blog. Bye, Pop