Monday, September 15, 2008

College Again?

Yes it's true. I am going back to school for yet another degree. I already have an Associate in Applied Science for Legal Secretary and my Bachelor of Science for Marketing with a minor in Psychology. But I have decided to completely change course and go back for an Associate in Applied Science for Medical Assistant degree.

Since I have my other two degrees, most (if not all) of the liberal arts credits transfer (the school hasn't received my transcripts yet) so I will basically have to take the core classes. I registered for fall quarter today (classes start on Sept. 29) and I am attending part-time (I don't want to get overwhelmed with school, home and kids). My two classes are Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology (that is one class)--yikes!! I have both classes on the same days--Tues. and Thurs. while the kids are in school.

I am excited to learn a new profession. But I am also nervous because it's been so long (about 13 years!!) since I have been in school. The timing is good because the kids are getting older, they are in school all day and don't need looking after constantly--although I am still very involved in their lives (as I will always be) with volunteering at school, teaching at church, after-school activities, etc.

It will take me some time to finish school so I am still a stay-at-home mom and now a part-time student as well. I have been very blessed to be able to be a full time stay at home mom for 11 years and now go back to school and pursue a career that I have always wanted to do.

1 comment:

Marv said...

Tracie, I know your nervous about all of this and the change. I am confident you will handle it and do well. We'll help in any way we can.

Good for you Tracie, It's time for change.....Mom