Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cub Scout Fall Festival


On Sunday, the boys and I attended a Cub Scout day camp called Fall Festival. There were lots of activities planned for the day, we did: making apple juice, BB guns, crafts, running an obstacle course--then lunch--riding horses, archery and finally kickball game.

We had a great time and I really enjoyed spending the day with my boys. They really liked the BB guns (what boy doesn't?), obstacle course (they ran it multiple times), horses, archery--actually everything. The apple juice was okay but there were lots of bees around the apples and the boys didn't like that! They made a birdfeeder and a paper jack-o-lantern thing at crafts. Matthew was nervous on his horse but then he relaxed and enjoyed it--I was leading his horse so that made him feel better (Nick had been to this camp before so he knew all about the horses)


We had a fun day but we were sure tired out by the time the camp was over. On the car ride home, Nick fell asleep right away but Matthew had his Nintendo DS with and he kept busy with that. Oh yeah, we also found a fuzzy caterpiller while at camp and the boys learned that they are my favorite fall creature!! When I was little, I use to play with them until all their fuzz fell off:)


No comments: